To request or inquire about services, please call 504-822-0800. This phone number will be able to assist with all intake appointments and inquiries, regardless of what office location you are interested in. In the event that you are calling after-hours or during a time when your call cannot be answered, please leave a message. All calls are returned within one business day.
An intake assessment is required for all services, with the exception of the Child and Adolescent Response Team. Please note the following information in order to be prepared for your intake:
- Intake assessments typically last 50 minutes. During this session, the clinician will be gathering important information about how we can help.
- Intake assessments are $35, unless otherwise specified. Family Service accepts cash or credit card. When using cash, please bring exact change.
- Please do not bring children under 13 with you; they are not permitted to wait in the waiting room unaccompanied.
- Bring photo identification and proof of income
- If utilizing Medicaid, please bring your Medicaid card.
- If you are referred by the court system, please bring court documentation so we can ensure you receive the appropriate service.
Information specifically for the guardians of child clients:
- Even if the child or adolescent is the identified client, please do not bring him or her to the intake assessment. The clinician will want to gather information from the guardian first.
- For the intake assessment, the child’s legal guardian must be present in order to consent to services. Family Service is unable to provide services to child without the written consent of the parent or guardian.
- The parent or guardian must bring proof of guardianship to the intake appointment. For biological parents, photo identification is sufficient. For non-biological guardians, please bring a photo identification as well as legal documentation of guardianship.